Senior Advisor – Education & Skills
Start: as soon as possible
Duration: 2-year CDD (determined contract)
The European wind industry will need to fill at least 150,000 new positions, from today’s 300,000 jobs to more than 450,000 in just 8 years.
Today, the European wind industry has 300,000 dedicated, skilled and passionate people working to ensure that wind energy play a key role in delivering on the energy transition targets and ambitions.
The rapid development of wind energy sector requires 150,000 new jobs by the end of this decade.
We need to work on education, new skills acquirement, reskilling and upskilling of workers.
And we also want the young people to start learning about climate change and wind energy already at school.
To ensure that wind energy becomes the backbone of our energy system, we must not only increase the number of people working in wind, but also expand our reach to include people with diverse experiences and insights. This especially means attracting qualified, yet-still-underrepresented people from all genders, backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual orientations, social identities, cultures, professional and academic backgrounds—and beyond.
Does this sound interesting to you?
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Education & Skills to join a vibrant team in a dedicated lobby organisation.
Are you impact driven Project Manager? Do you believe in the power of education and want to address the skills, diversity and workforce gaps the wind industry is facing?
You will be responsible for leading and developing our new workstream, aiming at getting more people and with the right skills to work in the wind industry.
You will be working closely with wind energy companies but also universities, primary and secondary schools.
You will be working independently, building on existing networks the Association has, but also reaching out to new stakeholders and bringing new ideas on board.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate existing WindEurope’s initiatives on ‘Skills and Education’.
- Grow and manage WindEurope’s networks of contacts from industry, Academia, and policymakers. (At EU and national level).
- Support the profiling and promotion of the wind industry as an attractive and inclusive employer.
- Identify and tap into relevant EU and national initiatives and funds on Skills and Education (e.g., the Just Transition Fund, The Pact for Skills, Erasmus).
- Monitor and collaborate across the organisation and with WindEurope members and partners to unveil opportunities, avoid duplications.
Mindset and skills qualifications:
- Goal oriented, driven by impact, with a passion for addressing climate change understanding the societal challenge it poses.
- Believe in the power of education.
- Thrive in an international team but also able to work independently.
- People relations are key to success: enjoy building new networks and activating them effectively.
- Communication can only be successful if it reaches the right people, at the right time and a desired reaction happens as a result.
Skills and Experience
- Strong project management skills (5 plus years of experience).
- Ability to design and effectively use communication tools and platforms.
- Creativity and good writing skills.
- Experience in the ‘Skills and/or Education’ domain would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Excellent level of spoken and written English.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment.
- Hybrid work arrangement (2 days per week from home).
Deadline is 14 January 2023.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted 3 weeks post-deadline