Deadline: 14 June 2018
Open to: applicants with degree in a relevant subject (International Relations, Peace & Conflict/Security, International Development etc);
Benefits: GBP 26,000 per annum
Peace Direct is looking for a dynamic and passionate International Programmes Officer to provide short-term additional capacity for the International Programmes team (this vacancy is a six-month contract).
The postholder will work closely with 2-3 of Peace Direct’s local partners, including those from Francophone Africa, providing them with support and guidance to ensure that their peacebuilding work delivers the biggest impact for conflict-affected communities. The work is varied and challenging and includes working with partners to develop new programmes, ensuring that existing programmes are monitored and implemented effectively, analyzing narrative and financial reports from partners and supporting their general capacity building needs.
- Degree in a relevant subject (International Relations, Peace & Conflict/Security, International Development etc);
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Excellent team working skills, with a passion for peacebuilding;
- Excellent communication skills (including fluent written and spoken French, which is mandatory);
- At least 2 years’ experience in international programmes;
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and the ability to manage multiple priorities, while retaining the humility to always listen to and respect the voices of those living in conflict-affected communities who are working tirelessly to build peace. This is a fast paced and demanding role, suitable for people who have a passion for peacebuilding who want to work alongside some remarkable local peacebuilding organizations around the world.
- GBP 26,000 per annum;
- Full time (35 hours a week);
- Fixed term contract (until 31 December 2018).
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply, please fill the #INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES #OFFICER IN #LONDON, #UK